"A girl who knows something about wildflowers, for example, will
be a popular walking companion with all kinds of people in various
If you are looking to add a little nature study to your homeschool this spring, here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Go on a spring nature walk scavenger hunt using my free PDF download.
- Go on a photo nature walk and take pictures of all of the different wildflowers you see.
- Go on a nature walk looking for flowering trees.
- Go on a nature walk looking for trees with new growth.
- Identify one wildflower growing near your house.
- Make a press and press some wildflowers.
- Sketch a wildflower that grows near where you live.
- Or see if you can find coloring pages for the wildflowers you have in your area.
- As you are driving around town, see if you can spot any wildflowers growing alongside the road.
- Look for migrating birds- I saw a whole flock of Canadian geese the other day flying in formation.
- If you just get outside, I am sure you will find something worth observing.
And just a note: I am aiming to have my Hearts and Trees spring kit up for sale this week. Things are taking much longer than I expected with this kit. I will have more information about it later this week, so be sure to check in for that.