Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Watercolor Techniques #5 Loaded Brush Smooshes

Wow! I am sorry it has taken me so long to post the next watercolor tutorial. I have been seeing quite a few families that have been using my tutorials and I am loving the results. If you want to share your projects with us, feel free to leave links in the comments or email me a photo to put in my sidebar.


This video tutorial is for what I am calling "Loaded Brush Smooshes." This is a type of brush stroke that can be used for making flower petals and whatever else you can think of. (If you are reading this via a feed you will most likely need to click through to the post to watch the video.)

For tutorial #5 you will need:
Watercolor paper
Watercolors (tube or cake)
Assorted brushes (a medium sized one will work best)
Cup of water

2 comments:

Barb said...

Looks like fun!!!

I love the word smooshes. :)

Love,
Mom-Harmony Art Mom

Phyllis said...

My boys really liked this one!
http://bergspot.blogspot.com/2008/10/watercolor-lesson-5-smooshes.html
-Phyllis