Friday, February 29, 2008

Clouds Art Show

I am going to start regularly posting themed art shows here on my blog. You can find links to my past art shows on my sidebar. I think I will start with art shows every other week. This one's theme is clouds.

Looking at these paintings I encourage you to focus on the clouds. How did each painter see and paint clouds differently? I have put together a 7 page Clouds in Art Mini Unit Study Notebooking Page Set designed to help you and your students really get into the pieces of art. A short biography is included for each artist and some pages include easy art activites you might wish to spend some time completing after viewing the artwork. If you are interested in these pages see my post here.

Pick your favorite work to print out and hang up somewhere you will see it everyday or set it as your desktop background. If you have other favorite paintings with clouds feel free to leave links in the comments.
Vincent Van Gogh- Wheat Field Under Threatening Skies
1890 Oil on canvas 50.5 x 100.5 cm
Vincent van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
Claude Monet- Water Lilies (The Clouds)1903 Oil on canvas 29 3/8 x 41 7/16 in.
Private collection
George Inness- Passing Clouds
1876 Oil on canvas 20 x 30 in
Private collection
Claude Monet- The Stroll (Woman with a Parasol)
1875 Oil on canvas 39 3/8 x 31 7/8 in.
National Gallery of Art, Washington
Emily Carr- Scorned as Timber, Beloved of the Sky
1935 Oil on canvas 111.8 x 68.4 cm
Vancouver Art Gallery
John Constable- Cloud Study
1822 Oil on paper laid on board 12 x 19 1/4 in
Courtauld Institute Galleries, London
John Constable- Study of Clouds at Hampstead1821 Oil on paper laid on board 9 1/2 x 11 3/4 in
Royal Academy of Arts, London
Lawren Harris- Clouds, Lake Superior
c. 1923 Oil on canvas 86.5 x 102 cm
Macdonald Stewart Art Centre, Guelph, Canada
Be sure to check out my
The perfect complement to this post!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This entry of yours created quite the excitement at my house this morning. If you are interested, I wrote down my children's responses to the pictures of clouds you have here. The children are six, four and three years old. You can find my post at http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/aiminghigh/492611/
Many Blessings,
Holly@aiminghigh

Dana Leeds said...

What a great idea! I love this cloud study. I'll have to share this with my daughter tomorrow morning.

Tina in WA said...

Thanks for the great study! I will share this with my children in a few days (to much going on to start right now). I know they will LOVE it! Once we are done I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks so much for sharing your gift with others.

~Tina

Lisa~ said...

I just recieved an email from Barb ( your mom?) *Ü* and I had to come see.... I love Monet.... these are beautifdul pictures...

I look forward to seeing more... Thanks for sharing...

Lisa

Anonymous said...

A great idea!
Such beautiful art with clouds.

Unknown said...

What a great theme. And it looks as if you've done a great job putting it together!

Ms Eva said...

What a great idea - My Sweetie has been finding pictures in clouds for years and is now teaching her little brother. It is common to hear them in the back seat of the car saying, "I see a duck! What do you see?" They will love this! :D

Dana Leeds said...

We just finished studying Georgia O'Keeffe and remember seeing "Sky Above Cloud IV" at the Chicago Art Institute - probably one of her more famous pieces. We were impressed by its large size! And, it is definitely a "different" way of painting clouds.

A and C from GA said...

This is AWESOME!! I have been all over your blogs lately and I think you are amazing!!! I have been enjoying everything you have. Thanks for ALL you do and ALL you make available to your fellow HS'ers!! GOD Bless YOU!! Angie in GA

Buy Facebook Fans said...

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.

Instagram Views said...

The post is very nice. I just shared on my Facebook Account.

Creative Buildingbd said...

Creative Buildingbd is the best epoxy flooring service provider in Bangladesh. Epoxy floor users will best epoxy floor at an affordable price from us. For details please visit our website.