Saturday, February 9, 2008

Yarn Crafts

Things have been a little quiet around the blog here lately. I am busy finalizing the projects for my spring kit. I still have a lot of work to do, but I am really excited about what we have planned. It is my goal to begin pre-ordering the first part of next month. So keep your eyes out for that.

Meanwhile, here are some links to some easy yarn handicraft projects:

Weave a change purse
Make a yarn doll
Learn to finger knit (the kids at the school where I used to work *loved* this)
Learn to make pom poms

There are tons of easy projects you can do using the Nifty Knitter (scarfs, hats, etc). We have a Knifty Knitter, but for some reason I haven't used it too much. I did make a scarf last winter with it and it was super easy. Here are some links to Amazon to get you started.

I promise to check back in a few times this week with an update on my tabletop garden (which has some major growth now) and some ideas for crafting with very young children.

2 comments:

live4evermom said...

Love your ideas!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Since you're working on your blog post on crafting with young children, I thought I'd let you know how we're doing. Samuel is 4.5. You sent us an e-mail in response to my question with a link to a plastic canvas craft at michaels.com. Well, I ended up finding a kit for $1 which included the canvas, different color yarn lengths and a plastic needle! We tried it tonight. He's not getting where to put the needle next, but he's also not ready to give up, so I think this is really a good start. Thanks!