Thursday, June 26, 2008

Watercolor Tecniques #4 Wet-on-Wet

This week's watercolor technique explores one of the wonderful properties of watercolors: the ability to run together and blend on a wet page. Make a color wet-on-wet rainbow as you and your little ones discover how stripes of color can blend on a wet paper.

For tutorial #3 you will need:

Since my last video tutorial was such a hit, I made another one for this week's technique. Enjoy!

Feel free to leave me comments or links to any projects you complete using this tutorial. You can find the other watercolor technique posts listed in my sidebar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We absolutely love these tutorials and they have really opened my kids (ages 4, 7, 11, 13 & 16) up to new techniques. Thank you so much for sharing them. I hope you will continue the series.
Thanks again!
-Phyllis

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed your blog and you inspired me to get a set of brushes, paints and paper for each of my children and we are spending some time every afternoon doing some watercolors. It is so much fun! Thanks for your great instructions.
Karen

Jennifer said...

Thanks for all these techniques. I'm preparing for our fall term, and we have a nice month of painting techniques and projects to begin our art appreciation and activities. Cheers!