Wednesday, May 21, 2008

An Easy Handicraft... Pony Bead Coaster

Here is an easy and functional handicraft you can do with your children. I know I saw this idea on the Internet somewhere, but I can't remember where exactly. It's a coaster made from a recycled lid and pony beads.

You will need:
  1. A small lid (I used a yogurt cup lid)
  2. Pony beads
  3. Glue

Step 1: Cover the inside of the lid with glue.

Step 2: Place the pony beads in the glue. Fill the entire lid. Make sure there is enough glue to make the beads stick. You may need to add more glue as you work. Step 3: Let it dry.It couldn't be easier! Even very young children would be able to do this project. If you make any pony bead coasters I would love to see your results. Feel free to leave links in the comments.

**Just an update about my summer themed kit. I will be starting a two week pre-ordering period on June 6th, with my first shipment on June 20th. I have a lot of fun projects included, so be sure to check back in June for more information about that.**

2 comments:

Sebastian said...

Too cool. I have a ton of left over beads that I don't want to pack up for our next move. Looks like we have a craft for Mom Camp.

my5wolfcubs said...

Ah, ha! A Fathers' Day present in the making, I think! Must go check my lid collection!
Lee (homeschooling mom)