Thursday, July 17, 2008

Antonio Vivaldi's Four Seasons- Summer

So, in keeping with my tradition of posting Vivaldi's movement from the Four Seasons for each season, here is Summer- my favorite season and movement from Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

Get this widget Track details eSnips Social DNA


As you listen you might want to try this idea from my mom's blog: Coloring to Classical Music.

You also might want to brainstorm and record any images of summer that come to mind when you and your children listen to this song and write your own poems.

If you are interested in studying a little more about Vivaldi you can check out the Harmony Fine Arts Free Dowload (Vivaldi is on page 8 of the PDF). It has links to biographical information and online listening.

If you want to purchase a Vivaldi CD from Amazon, here are some to get you started: (We own the first one and highly recommend it.)






And if you haven't seen my summer themed art, handicraft and nature study kit, check it out here!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I am enjoying listening to a little Vivaldi today....thanks for posting the link. I may have to get our my Vivaldi CD and listen some more later.

Mom-Barb Harmony Art Mom