Tuesday, January 29, 2008

An Snow Day Science/Nature Study Idea Video

So, we have been having an unusual amount of snow this year. It is snowing again today.

I can't remember where, but I had read awhile ago about catching and looking at snowflakes with a magnifying glass and have been wanting to try it ever since. So today I did.
a
My mom helped me to put together a video showing what I did. Here's hoping it will snow wherever you are so you can try it!

Feel free to leave me a comment. I'd love to hear about your experiences catching and studying snowflakes.

4 comments:

live4evermom said...

Oh, how I would love to do that but our last snow was Dec. 2004. Maybe next year I'll go on a snow vacation.

Silvia said...

I just wanted to let you know the "Learning in the Great Outdoors" carnival is at this site. Thanks for sending your post! Come visit!

Terrell said...

Bravo!

Tina in WA said...

Wow! That would be sooo neat to do. I wish I would have known about this before our last of the season came. I MUST remember this for next snow season.

And what a neat magnifier you have there. :o)

~Tina